Me again with a little tutorial on how to get around on the site.

This site is set up a little like Facebook (except we don't have 'Nipple Nazis' like they do), and it's really fairly easy to get around. Don't be afraid to click on the menu buttons. That's what they're there for. Wink

OVERHEAD MENU BAR: If you look in the dark grey Overhead Menu bar, you'll see a Searchbar where you can search for artists, images, etc.; Friend Requests(the little man); your Mail Box(letter); and the Notifications Flag. Click on the little man to see if you have any pending Friend Requests that need your approval. Access your Mail Box by clicking on the letter. You'll know if you have mail if there is a red number there. If you have a red number on your Notifications Flag, that means someone has commented on an image, left you a message on your Wall, etc. Click on the Flag, not the number and a notifications panel will drop down for you. Click on whichever one you want to look at.

You will also see Profile and Account. Both have drop down menus. Use the Profile menu to go to your own Profile page from anywhere on the site. If you 'get lost' you can always 'go home' by using that. You can also Edit your Profile from there; Edit or Add your Profile icon/image, and Customize your Profile. (More about that another time.) The Account drop down is pretty self-explanatory.

Now, along the lower part of the Overhead Menu bar you will see links for 10 different sections of the site:

HOME: This takes you to the Main Page of the site where all the feeds are. It does not take you to your Wall.

FRIENDS: See who your on-site Friends are.

MEMBERS: This is a listing of EVERYONE on the site. You can go to their Wall by clicking on their icon or name.

PAGES: This is sort of a free advertise yourself page. You can put your name here and people can click on your name and to your Wall.

ARTICLES: This is where the BLOGS are hiding. If you want to add a Blog here, feel free!

PHOTOS: Here is the heart of the site, where you can see what's been uploaded recently, what's featured, most viewed, most commented, most liked, and so forth. There is also a Menu Bar on your left side of this page, where you can see ALL PHOTOS & ALBUMS , YOUR PHOTOS & ALBUMS, and those of your Friends here. If you want to look at a particular sort of art, use the CATEGORIES menu to select all the art in that Category. Keep in mind that we don't always think the same about what Category something may go in.

FORUM: You are HERE. This is a place for Discussions, Suggestions and General announcements.

VIDEOS: Place 'your' videos here. They must be your property, made by you or if not you have permission to post it. Please do not share videos from sites such as YouTube, Vimeo, etc. unless you have written permission or are the creator. It's a Copyright thing.

EVENTS: You can create an Event here. If you're having a show, a party or whatever, use this section to schedule it and inform everyone.

MARKETPLACE: This is where you can advertise yourself for commission work, modeling jobs, etc. I think if you have something you wish to sell like an easel, a camera, etc. you can post it there too. Tell interested buyers to please PM you here on-site.

Now, hopefully you have a little more idea what's where around here. Feel free to look around and HAPPY EXPLORING!

Last update on April 3, 7:09 am by Sidhe Rose (just call me 'Ray').
Topics: site, navigation, help

great job thank you!

great job thank you!

You're most welcome, Jim!

One thing I noticed...is there any way to link my page to my profile, so the information is not separate...i'd hate to have to post everything twice.

Thanks

Adam Braun said...

One thing I noticed...is there any way to link my page to my profile, so the information is not separate...i'd hate to have to post everything twice.

Thanks

Hi Adam!

I'm not clear on what 'Page" you're referring to here. If you're speaking of your Page in the Pages section, all anyone has to do is click on your name there to go to your Profile Wall. You can use the Profile drop-down in the upper right corner to Edit Profile and write a little blurb about yourself and your art in the Info section there. If it's your web-site you're referring to as your 'page', then you can add that in your Info on your Profile. It looks like you have it in your signature, so that's good!

The Info section of your Profile is where you should tell us about yourself, do a little horn-tooting and maybe say how you got started, any awards, recognition, achievements, special projects you were involved in, or products you sell and where they may be purchased - just as general info.

Soooooo, if you want to know about someone read their Info. If you want people to know about you write your Info

Does that help Adam? Let me know if you still have a question.

SidheRose

(Ray - short for Rayvn)

Last update on April 3, 9:12 pm by Sidhe Rose (just call me 'Ray').

Adam Braun said...

Thanks

I am not sure i understand what you mean? If you mean link your Business Art page with your Personal User page. it works like the pages do at face book.. they are seperate.. you can send a share right after you upload by clicking the share button and tell it to share on your page.. alternatly you can also post a link to your Business page at the bottom of every post you make in your personal page as a signiture as sorts.. just use the link command in the post ... I hope that was what you were meaning if not please tell me..

Thanks for the replies...I just wasn't sure how to not have to double post...I get it now that it's like FB...thanks!

I thank you too and also for the tutorial on how to start a new album. I certainly was looking in all the wrong places. Happy These will help newcomers a ton. 

Kathie Berry said...

I thank you too and also for the tutorial on how to start a new album. I certainly was looking in all the wrong places. Happy These will help newcomers a ton. 

It CAN be a bit confusing, so I'm glad this helped, Kathie!

Thanks a lot for this. Late nights working and several bloody marys are impairing my navigation skills at the moment...
Page generated in 0.5114 seconds with 67 queries and GZIP enabled on 192.185.41.237.